Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Word of the Day - La Palabra Diaria - "masticar"

I have decided to compliment my daily postings with a section called Word of the Day, or La Palabra Diaria. In it, I will include a word in Spanish that has come across my daily perusals of movies, pop culture, books, and other forms of periodicals in the Spanish speaking world. The word will include its part of speech (noun, verb, etc.), an approximate phonetic pronunciation, and an example of its usage.

La Palabra Diaria Daily Word

masticar verb, "to chew", [mahs-tee-KAHR]


David mastica su chicle contentamente. David chews his gum happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using "¿qué? and ¿cuál? in interrogative sentences; You know them better as "questions".

Both ¿qué? and ¿cuál? mean "what?" in English, but the verbs in Spanish change depending on where they are used.  " cuál &q...